Here are some notes for using the set based operations on the Data entity in D365FO
- Set based operation doesn’t seem to work with Excel Add-in.
- You can enable or disable Setbased operation from the Data entitues list from the Data management workspace.
- The Properties of the Data management doen’t show correctly if its enabled for setbased operation. Below is an example of the LedgerJournalEntity which is supposed to be a setbased enabled data entity.
- copyCustomStagingToTarget method is used on the Data entity for inserting the data from Staging to Target using set based operations like insert_recordset.
- Number sequences like voucher numbers and journal numbers have to be present in the import file. As the number sequence creation would make the operation to fall back to record by record.