In AX 2012 we had a code snippet where in a new method we could just type ‘parm’ and a window would show up to enter EDT and the variable name.
We do not have something similar in VS.
I have created a small command prompt tool for this.
Follow the steps,
- Unzip the folder Parm attached below and place it on your DEV VM Desktop. So the folder looks like given in the screenshot.
- Run the bat file ‘NewParmMethod’ which would open a command prompt window.
- Type in the EDT name and press enter
- Then type the variable name required
- When you press enter the parm method is created and copied to the clipboard so that it can be easily pasted to the Visual studio code editor.
- Additionally the tool can be added as a custom menu in VS like below and the command line will open from inside VS.
Disclaimer: The Software and code samples available on this website are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Use at your own risk.